On completing this course, participants will have gained sufficient knowledge of working in hazardous areas to be able install and maintain electrical installations in a safe manner.
Electricians and automation technicians.
Subjects covered in the course
- Ex installation guide related to NEK EN 60079-14 and IEC 61892-7
- Types of hazardous areas
- Zone classification
- Explosion theory
- Equipment groups and gas groups
- Protection types
- Tags and temperature classification
- Cables, nipples and earthing
- Maintenance, overhauls and repairs
- Flameproof joints
- Damaged flameproof joints
- Overhauling and repairing Ex motors
- Testing thermal relays
- Excerpts from EXR-01
I henhold til Norsk Olje og Gass (059) og NFEAs retningslinjer for opplæring av personell EX-KOMP:2021 bør kompetansen oppdateres minst hvert 5 år.