Upon completing of this course, participants will be able to:
● have a raised awareness to electrical safety
● understand the risks and hazards associated with work on, or near high-voltage systems
● perform simple maintenance tasks in high-voltage areas
All personnel working with electrical or automation systems who have or will have access to high-voltage areas or systems.
● The most important paragraphs of FSE
● Fuses and transformers
● Safety procedures
● Equipment used to operate functions in high-voltage installations
● Protective equipment and clothing
● Practical exercises:
Preparing a transformer for cleaning or replacement.
How to safely disconnect high-voltage switches and fuses.
Preventing unwanted re-connections of power.
Establishing grounding and short circuiting all phases.
Making a list of operations for electrical connection work.
● Practicing roles Safety Supervisor and Connection Work Supervisor
● How to designate Safety Supervisor and Connection Work Supervisor
● How to plan your work
● Risk Assessment
● Electrical Safety Measures
● How to use a rescue pole
● How to use grounding equipment
● Using tag plates
● How to secure electrical work with two or more barriers
To satisfies FSE’s requirements for an annual refresher safety class for high-voltage workers (see paragraph 7 in the FSE), you will also have to complete the following:
● A first aid course
● A practical exercise: Descending wounded personnel from a distribution mast.