Activities near power lines
Do you work near power transmission lines or other electrical installations? Or are you planning this type of work? If so, you need to know about electrical hazards and what precautions to take so you can work safely.
Participants will acquire necessary knowledge and skills to enable them to work safely in the proximity of power lines, reducing the possibility of accidents, injuries and loss of life and avoiding damage to equipment and the power grid.
Professionals working/planning to work near power lines and other electrical installations, or those planning such operations.
● Where are the hazards?
● Power lines
● High-voltage installations
● Forces in action in the high-voltage grid
● When machinery and trees touch power lines
Safety at the workplace
● The grid company operations centre
● Working closer than 30 metres from an electrical installation
● Safety distance
● Safety Supervisor – responsibility and authority
● Safety Observer
● Re-energising power lines
When disaster has struck
● Reporting an incident or accident
● Fallen power lines
This course can be run on a computer, tablet or smartphone. If you are on a handheld device, we recommend that you are on a wireless broadband network.
Recommended bandwith is 1.5 Mbps. If you experience problems during the course we recommend using the web browser Google Chrome.
VAT is added. Please view general conditions for e-Learning Courses.