Activities near power lines and underground cables
How to work safely near electrical installations. Learn to make the right decisions and evaluate risk correctly. Course for construction workers, farmers, forestry workers, etc.
Participants will acquire necessary knowledge and skills to enable them to work safely in the proximity of power lines and underground cables, reducing the possibility of accidents, injuries and loss of life and avoiding damage to equipment and the power grid.
Professionals working/planning to work near power lines, other electrical installations, or those planning such operations and professionals who need to excavate, mount objects in the ground or lay pipes etc.
● Where are the hazards?
● Power lines
● High-voltage installations
● Forces in action in the high-voltage grid
● When machinery and trees touch power lines
Safety at the workplace
● The grid company operations centre
● Working closer than 30 metres from an electrical installation
● Safety distance
● Safety Supervisor – responsibility and authority
● Safety Observer
● Re-energising power lines
When disaster has struck
● Reporting an incident or accident
● Fallen power lines
● Excavation permits
● Excavation near cable routes
● Unearthing cables
● Warning ribbons and cover plates
● Different types of cable
● Damaged cables
● Mounting cables
This course can be run on a computer, tablet or smartphone. If you are on a handheld device, we recommend that you are on a wireless broadband network.
Recommended bandwith is 1.5 Mbps. If you experience problems during the course we recommend using the web browser Google Chrome.
VAT is added. Please view general conditions for e-Learning Courses.