Safe working practices in Ex areas
Taking this course will increase your knowledge and understanding of safe activity in areas where there are gases and dust that could explode if ignited by a spark or flame. These are known as Ex areas.
The target audience will learn about basic Ex theory, Ex labeling and general hazards in Ex areas.
Service and maintenance personnel who operate in Ex areas, but lacks electrical experience, including knowledge about Ex.
● Installations where Explosion hazard areas are found
● Classification of Ex areas and zone classification
● What is Ex equipment?
● The fire and explosion triangle
● Ignition processes
● Gases and fluids
● Labelling hazardous substances
● Dust explosions
● Explosion prevention
● Ex protection principles and labelling
● Static electricity
● Risk assessment and precautions
● Preparatory measures and work procedure
This course can be run on a computer, tablet or smartphone. If you are on a handheld device, we recommend that you are on a wireless broadband network.
Recommended bandwith is 1.5 Mbps. If you experience problems during the course we recommend using the web browser Google Chrome.
VAT is added. Please view general conditions for e-Learning Courses.