Upon completing of this course, participants will be able to:
- have a raised awareness to electrical safety
- understand the risks and hazards associated with work on, or near high-voltage systems
- perform simple maintenance tasks in high-voltage areas
All personnel working with electrical or automation systems who have or will have access to high-voltage areas or systems.
Subjects covered in the course
- The most important paragraphs of FSE
- Fuses and transformers
- Safety procedures
- Equipment used to operate functions in high-voltage installations
- Protective equipment and clothing
- Practical exercises:
Preparing a transformer for cleaning or replacement.
How to safely disconnect high-voltage switches and fuses.
Preventing unwanted re-connections of power.
Establishing grounding and short circuiting all phases.
Making a list of operations for electrical connection work.
- Practicing roles Safety Supervisor and Connection Work Supervisor
- How to designate Safety Supervisor and Connection Work Supervisor
- How to plan your work
- Risk Assessment
- Electrical Safety Measures
- How to use a rescue pole
- How to use grounding equipment
- Using tag plates
- How to secure electrical work with two or more barriers
To satisfies FSE’s requirements for an annual refresher safety class for high-voltage workers (see paragraph 7 in the FSE), you will also have to complete the following:
- A first aid course
- A practical exercise: Descending wounded personnel from a distribution mast.